There are four ways of automatic notifications send to the recipient when submitting an order:
This notification is sent to the end-customer when a seller saves an order draft for the end-customer's review.
This notification is sent to the recipient when an order is submitted for provisioning. The status of an order is not confirmed yet by the vendor.
Offer Provision Error
This notification is sent when an error occurred during the order provisioning. The recipient of this notification is the user who performed the operation.
The error contains the message and ID.
Offer Provision Success
This notification is sent when an offer is successfully provisioned by the vendor.
Further instructions, if are applicable to the offer, will be provided by the vendor to the admin e-mail address that was included when the order was placed.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Disclaimer about expected provisioning time
- Warning in trial expiry notification
- Receive provisioning details by email
- Show multiple billing cycles per order item in notifications
- Change requested
- Expire Subscription Notification
- Invite user Distributor on-boarding
- New Quote
- New Proposal
- Notification settings