This article explains the invoicing procedure for the different types of Subscriptions: One-time orders, Consumption-based subscriptions, and License-based subscriptions.
One-time orders are invoiced on the next billing date after it is purchased with charge type One-time fee.
For more details please refer to the following article: One-time orders.
Consumption-based Subscriptions are invoiced after their billing cycle ends. All the consumption data is gathered, and the total price is calculated for each meter separately. Then sum of these total prices for each meter is included to invoice with charge type Usage fee.
NOTE! Quantity for Usage fee is always 1, this also means that Unit Price = Total Price.
See examples in the following article: Consumption-based Subscriptions.
License-based subscriptions are calculated based on subscription events:
- subscription provisioned,
- subscription suspended/reactivated,
- subscription quantity changed.
This type of subscription is invoiced in advance based on the last subscription quantity in the last billing period. If any changes happen to a subscription after fee in advance, it gets a correction in the next billing period. There are following change types:
- Purchase fee: initial fee for a subscription, generated in the next invoice after the subscription start date. The Purchase fee cost is a prorate cost for the first billing period of subscription.
- Cycle fee: periodic charges for subscription, generated based on subscription’s quantity at the end of its billing period if the subscription is active. Monthly subscriptions get cycle fee every month, annual subscriptions – every year (in case if the subscription is active on invoice date).
- Correction: prorated charges for a subscription-based on previous cycle fee/purchase fee and actual subscription cost for the previous period (is generated in case if a number of seats have been changed, the subscription has been suspended or reactivated). The quantity for a correction is always 1, this also means that Unit Price = Total Price.
If License-based subscription is suspended within 30 days after purchase – the full cost of first
30 days are returned to the customer.
See examples in the following article: License-based Subscriptions.