How to re-post invoices?
1. Go to Sales & Receivables / Process/Billing Headers. Click on “EDIT LIST” (make if active if not)
2. Change the relevant invoice status to “NEW”
3. For Sales Invoices only: delete the invoice no in column “NAV DOC No”
4. Process Documents. You will get the message that the purchase invoice with the same platform number already exists:
5. From “NAV DOC No” column, click on 3 dots, edit the purchase invoice no (field Vendor Invoice no.): add a letter or another symbol to the existing number
6. Post Documents.
Note: in Sales & Receivables you will now only see the new purchase and sales invoices
7. Create a credit memo for old sales invoice:
- Go to “posted Sales Invoices”:
- Chose the old invoice to be credited
- Click on “Create Corrective Credit Memo”
- Click Posting / Post
- Now the “Remaining Amount” column should have a value of 0
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to set up automated invoice sending?
- AppXite Invoicing Solution and creation of the organization
- Customer On-boarding
- Handling Errors in Business Central
- How to automate customer onboarding?
- How to brand the organization?
- How to get pdf invoice in local language?
- How to monitor automatic sending of sales documents?
- How to re-post invoices?
- Invoice processing