AppXite platform provides ability to leverage cancelation policies provided by vendor.
As a first delivery milestone AppXite has integrated with Microsoft to display cancellation policies available under Microsoft CSP NCE.
Also, any vendor can configure their own sequences to define cancellation policies for own offers.
For Microsoft CSP NCE such cancellation policy options will be available to customers:
- After initial purchase.
- After renewal of subscription.
- After quantity increase.
Cancellation policies varies by vendor e.g.:
- Microsoft NCE license-based offers: user can change license quantity of subscription within 7 days from the change date (applies also to renewals).
- Adobe offer – user can cancel whole order within 14 days from the order date.
- Cisco – no cancellation policy.
Important to note:
- Time displayed next to cancellation policy is localized time based on your browser settings.
- Changes in the last day of cancellation window should be validated with vendor as time should be accounted for system communication between AppXite platform and Vendor.
- When applying vendor cancellation policy, you need to limit your change order to items available under cancellation policy. For example, if Vendor has enabled ability to reduce license quantity you should not change in the same order also billing frequency.
- For Microsoft CSP NCE cancellation policy provides refund for any unused 24-hour periods. This means that 100 percent of the charges are refunded in the first 24-hours, the full amount minus 1 day’s charge in the second 24 hours. There are no refunds available after the initial 168-hour period.
- There is no dedicated cancellation order notification template. User will receive regular change order notification if enabled in the platform.
- To reduce license quantity within cancellation policy you should first click on Edit or Cancel buttons next to cancellation policy. Directly selecting the Edit option would not apply cancellation policy from the Vendor.
- Cancellation policy area appears on subscription edit page after few seconds when information is retrieved from vendor.
- It is not possible to schedule cancellation order.
- If user has made quantity change in vendor platform it gets synhronized to AppXite during overnight sync. In such case there can be a scenario where user has increased license quantity from 10 to 15. During the same day user would open AppXite platform and it would return cancellation policy from vendor that subscription license quantity can be decreased by 5 even though currently in platform for subscription as quantity are shown 10 licenses. During overnight sync platform would update information about number of licenses.
Platform UI overview:
You can cancel such recent actions from your subscription page. Here's what you need to know:
- If cancellations are available, you will see a new cancellation policy notice on your subscription page. It will contain the list of items you can cancel and a button for each.
- If you don't see such notice, then no cancellations are available at that time.
You may not be able to cancel recent actions if:
- There is another order already in progress. Wait for it to complete first.
- There is a order scheduled on a "custom date". Wait for it to complete first or cancel it. No need to cancel orders scheduled "after renewal/commitment".
Cancellation policy for Microsoft CSP NCE offer.
User has option to reduce quantity by 1 license by 15th of August 2023 and reduce quantity by 1 license by 15th of August 2023 as user has made 2 separate orders:
- Quantity increase of 1 license.
- Quantity increase of 1 license.
Orders created within cancellation window will be visible in orders section.
When applying vendor cancellation policy, you need to limit your change order to items available under cancellation policy. For example, if Vendor has enabled ability to reduce license quantity you should not change in the same order also billing frequency.
To reduce the number of licenses within the cancellation policy, either the "Edit" or "Cancel" button needs to be selected. Simply choosing the "Edit" option at the bottom of the page will not trigger the cancellation policy.
Cancellation Policy notification text on the subscription page provides more precise instructions.
When cancelling an order under such policy, Vendor Order ID (if applicable) is additionally displayed on the confirmation popup to further reduce user error
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Expiry status for subscriptions
- How do I add add-on(s) when purchasing a new subscription?
- Azure Subscription Role Assignments within Tier 2 Seller and Indirect Provider Model
- Cancellation Policies
- Customer: How to purchase subscriptions?
- How do I suspend a Subscription for the customer?
- How does NCE trial subscriptions work?
- How to change the name of subscription?
- How to change the price on existing subscription?
- How to change the quantity of subscription licenses?