The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a data privacy law that governs the processing of the personal information of California residents. CCPA includes various privacy-related provisions designed to enable consumers to access, delete, and restrict the sale of personal information.
We are committed to ensure the security and privacy of personal data and thereby help our partners to meet their obligations under the CCPA.
The following provisions apply to the processing of Personal Information in relation to California residents:
Definitions and Interpretations
- “Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Consumer or household as defined in the CCPA;
- “CCPA” shall mean the US California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended from time to time;
- “Consumer” means a natural person who is a California resident, as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, as that section read on September 1, 2017, however, identified, including by any unique identifier.
- AppXite Obligations
- AppXite shall not retain, use, or disclose the Personal Data: (i) for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the services set forth in the Agreement or as otherwise permitted by the CCPA and its implementing regulations, (ii) for a commercial purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract with the business, or (iii) outside the direct business relationship between the person and AppXite.
- AppXite shall not sell Personal Information.
- AppXite shall encrypt all Personal Information at rest and apply other appropriate organizational and security measures required to safeguard Personal Information.
- AppXite will cooperate with Partner in order to efficiently, effectively, and timely response to requests from individuals related to the Personal Data. These requests include, but are not limited to, requests to review, correct, amend or delete Personal Information. Consumer requests shall be sent to email@example.com. AppXite shall respond, free of charge, within 30 business days, in an electronic format.
AppXite may refuse to delete personal information in the event such personal information is required to: (i) Detect security incidents; (ii) protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; (iii) Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iii) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code; (iv) To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the Consumer based on the Consumer’s relationship with the business; (v) Comply with a legal obligation; (vi) Otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.