Hey, how can we help?
Best practices - portal Tips & Tricks
We understand that it is vital to have a seamless portal usage experience and our team is working round the clock to improve and evolve the platform constantly. Additionally, we have prepared several tips&tricks that can be used to ensure our partners have a smooth experience while using the platform.
1. Browser choice
The platform is compatible with the most popular internet browsers, but it is advised to use Google Chrome for the best experience.
2. Incognito mode
Use Incognito mode by clicking on browser settings and choosing Incognito mode.
3. Clean cookies
Sometimes there can be information from your previous session stored in the browser cookies that might interfere with some of the functionalities. It is best practice to clear the browser cookies regularly or perform a hard refresh of the page by pressing F12 and right-clicking the browser refresh button.
4. One organization at the time
If you are working with several organizations, multitasking is not your friend. Keep only one organization profile open on your browser and close it, before logging in as other organization.
5. Give it some time
Large updates, such as, adding items to catalog are heavy processes and can take some time. Wait for some minutes before refreshing the page to see your changes applied.
Release Notes 151
Contract onboarding - Acronis
Distributors can now make Acronis services available to their new and existing partners. To do this:
- Create or open partner's profile
- Under "Vendor contracts" enable Acronis and specify partner's tenant with them:
- Add an existing Partner Tenant ID if your partner already has one with Acronis
- Create a new one otherwise
- Click "Update" to save changes
This will verify (or create) partner's tenant directly with Acronis, create the contract for Acronis between you and the partner, and make Acronis offers available in their catalog.
We greatly improved logging of offer integrations for vendors on AppXite Platform. Soon you can expect a new API to retrieve these logs. They will help you test-run all integrations with your ERP or ITSM system from dynamic configurations and prices to provisioning.
These updates will go live by 28 Sep, 2023.
Release Notes 150
Organizations API updates
Introducing the "List all Organizations" API:
- Use POST requests for advanced querying and filtering of organization data.
- Filter by criteria like vendors, providers, and consumers.
- Customize pagination with page numbers and item counts.
- Retrieve detailed organization information, including ID, name, status, and types.
- Get segmented results for improved data granularity.
We made it easier to manage your Adobe business:
- Searching for partners in Reseller Report for Distributors is now easier by their Adobe ID
- Subscriptions report now shows Adobe-specific context such as Admin Account Email, Customer Vendor ID. You can also filter by Days Until Subscription End Date and the date itself.
Fixes and tweaks
- Fixed a visual bug that could sometimes prevent users from updating the configuration of offers in the cart.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from receiving notifications about newly published offers.
These updates went live on Sep 14, 2023.
Release Notes 149
- Offer configuration page, before the offer is added to cart. It now also tells you how much you will be charged for the first "n" days. This information goes in addition to the previously displayed regular fees for each (subsequent) full period.
- Shopping cart. It now displays an extra "first period prorated" label on affected offers. To see detailed numbers, you can click on the label to open the configuration page with the full price breakdown.
Reset for Multi-Factor Authentication
Admins will now be able to reset MFA for users with a local account on their platform. To do this, open user profile and click "Reset MFA".
These updates went live on 31.08.
Release Notes 148
We made updated NCE pricelist report to be compatible with pricing plans! This brings the following benefits:
- NCE offers that had already been in the report continue to show accurate prices
NCE offers that have been missing from the report are now added
All future offers that use pricing plans, regardless of vendor, will be added to the report
Use the updated report to gain overview of your entire catalog, monitor your prices and margins, and share pricelists with colleagues and customers.
Activity history section now has link to the listed objects such as organizations and subscriptions. This should help you navigate to them with one click to undo recent changes or take any other action.
This update went live on Aug 17, 2023.
Release Notes 147
Updated on Aug 9
- Initial purchase or upgrade after recent purchase. This will cancel your subscription entirely.
- Recent renewal or upgrade after recent renewal. This will cancel your subscription entirely.
- Recent quantity increase. This will create a change order with a reduction the quantity.
- If cancellations are available, you will see a new Cancellation Policy notice on your subscription page. It will contain the list of items you can cancel and a button for each.
- If you don't see such notice, then no cancellations are available at that time.
- You may not be able to cancel recent actions if:
- There is another order already in progress. Wait for it to complete first.
- There is a non-renewal order scheduled on a "custom date". Wait for it to complete first or cancel it. No need to cancel orders scheduled "after renewal/commitment".
Vendor integrations - subscription upgrade validation
- Vendors that support such integration will stop receiving orders they cannot provision.
- Customers will no longer need to learn about unique upgrade restrictions of the vendor. They will be warned and educated in the process.
- Customer's orders that pass prior verification will be successfully provisioned with much higher certainty.
Userlane training content for pricing plans
Release Notes 146
Upcoming updates to vendor business models
We are releasing lots of "invisible" work-in-progress that prepare the platform for crucial upcoming updates to support of vendor business models:
- Custom-period and long-term billing cycles
- Phased prices - e.g. different prices in the first, second and third year
- Configuration of metered billing for usage-based services
- Usability improvements for all relevant parties
As a vendor or MSP, you will gain new self-service capabilities via pricing plans and integrations.
As a partner, you will gain access to the latest pricing models of large vendors (e.g., Microsoft, Adobe) out of the box. This will allow you to improve your value proposition to acquire, retain, renew and grow your customers.
We added 2 new notifications.
Users will now be better notified of order status updates. Here's how:
- Notification is sent when the status on the entire order changes, as opposed to when each individual order item is provisioned (different notification).
- This will already apply to existing order statuses as well as any statuses we add in future (e.g., "Action required" status we'll be adding soon).
- Email notification is disabled by default. Please keep in mind that enabling it will result in up to 4 notifications for each new purchase across multiple related events.
- Webhook notification is available for this event (disabled by default).
Your partners will now also be better notified on the invoices you send. Here's how:
- We have previously released the API to import a PDF for your invoice to your partner from AppXite Business Central or a third-party system.
- Now your partner will be notified by email when the PDF is added to their incoming invoice.
- Webhook is not available for this event yet.
Fixes and tweaks
- We made editing custom fields in organization profile much faster. Now you edit all custom fields at once and save changes with one click instead of doing it one by one for each custom field.
- Pagination on the page with pricing plans of your offer is now always visible. It takes less time to go from page to page or change number of plans displayed per page quickly.
These updates went live on July 20, 2023.
Release Notes 145
Trial offers are now easy to identify at a glance in your catalog. When you open a product containing trial offers, look for a "Trial" label instead of the starting price.
Contract onboarding - Microsoft
As a distributor, you can now choose to onboard your partner without Microsoft contract if they don't have one.
If you later decide to sell Microsoft to your partner under your own direct contract, you can still open partner's profile and enable Microsoft contract checkbox.
Fixes and tweaks
- Fixed the issue of Azure usage data for May 2023 missing from reports of some customers due to technical issues of Microsoft. We're continuing to work with them on investigating the exact root cause.
- Made pagination (or page switcher) always visible on the page with pricing plans of your offer. It is now easier to go from page to page or change number of plans displayed per page quickly.
These updates are went live on July 6, 2023.
AppXite News 09.02.2023
Some of the major developments from the last weeks include the release of the new subscription prices API that allows getting prices for each subscription, enhanced product configuration by adding the quantity field to the cart for all NCE offers, and the release of a detailed granularity for charges in invoices.
- Azure Reserved Instance provisioning in the MS Partner Center
- Azure Reserved Instances provisioning through the Platform
- Distributor: price configuration for synchronized subscriptions
- Distributor: seller price import
- Scheduled orders - scheduling subscription changes
- How to upgrade subscriptions?
- Seller: price configuration for customers
- Subscription level mark-up - invoices
- How to get full reconciliation data?
- CPQ: what is the constant function?
Subscription Prices API
Subscription prices API allows you to get prices for each subscription. A lightweight alternative to retrieving full subscription details for when you only need to display the price in your webshop, ERP or another system.
Improved Product Configuration
AppXite platform has long allowed all vendors to package together any number of service components into one pricing plan. Each component can have its own quantity the customer configures individually - units of hardware, software license seats, amount of storage or bandwidth, etc.
Meanwhile, end customers and sales teams still need to see "quantity" in cart, reports and other places that help check or track the configuration of their subscriptions. In this update, we are adding the quantity field to the cart for all NCE offers. This should help you ensure that the main part of the configuration is correct right before you place your order.
As part of our future roadmap, we are planning to release a more robust and universal solution that connects the configurability needs of vendors and the ease of use end-customers continue to expect.
Detailed Granularity for Charges in Invoices
AppXite platform by default consolidates pro-rated charges into a single billing line item. With the introduction of detailed billing line item functionality users have the flexibility to leverage a simplified view when managing billing at scale and to keep information condensed and readable on invoices. In case customers have specific questions about how a specific billing line item was calculated it is possible to view those details in the platform.
For example, for subscriptions with quantity change, Vendor would typically generate 4 pro-rated billing line items, which are consolidated into 1 by AppXite. Thus when operating with a large number of customers it becomes easy to achieve a robust overview of charges applicable to the Seller or Customer. With the flexibility to show detailed billing line items, it is still easy to provide details for charges with exact Charge Date and Charge Types as specified by Vendor.
Disclaimer: access to this feature will first be limited to distributor admins, with the rollout for all eligible user roles in the upcoming releases.
New 360° Report
With 360° report, you can gain all-around visibility into the subscription sales performance across all your channel and locations thus helping you to understand the mechanism of best-performing sales models and identify the flaws. The report will soon be available in the Reports section on the AppXite platform.
News in AppXite Academy
The MCA for CSP program will have an update in March 2023 to improve the flexibility to update terms as needed in the future, align to broader changes, and future-proof for new offers.
The Microsoft 365 E3 DMWL Promotion for CSP customers is now available, from February 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023, with a 15 percent discount on the net partner price for new customers.
Teams Premium is now available to help customers do more with less and increase productivity with new AI-powered meeting capabilities, including Large Language Models powered by OpenAI’s GPT-3.5.
AppXite News 09-12-2022
Some of the major developments from the last weeks include the release of the new APIs, subscription upgrades that allow fully upgrading NCE subscriptions to higher-tier offers,and extending MFA to Custom User Database accounts thus harmonizing the access control features across all Identity Providers.
- Navigating platform APIs
- Reporting API - detailed invoice line items
- Get catalog and prices
- Manage subscriptions via APIs
- Manage Microsoft customer tenants
- Place and provision orders via API
- How can I invite a user of Microsoft partner?
- How to log in to the catalog on behalf of the customer
- How do I access CPQ/SKU builder?
- How to add products to the catalog
- How to assign users with email policies on Business Central
- How to cancel and undo orders
- How to distinguish between NCE and non-NCE offers
- How to re-post invoices
- A blog: Are you GDAP-ready? All about Microsoft DAP-to-GDAP transition
- Release notes 130
- Release notes 129
- Release notes 128
- Release notes 127
- Release notes 126
- Release notes 125
New APIs released
AppXite is happy to announce the release of the new APIs that provide faster and more comprehensive interaction with the platform data and support external marketplace integration. The new APIs will enable partners to interact with the Catalog, Offer Prices, Subscriptions, Microsoft Tenants, and Custom Properties.
Reporting API can return detailed invoice line items. With this functionality, you can have the flexibility to leverage a simplified view with consolidated invoice line items and when necessary, switch to granular invoice details. As such, it is easy to obtain an overview of charges across different subscriptions and access details of pro-rated charges when needed.
These APIs will allow you to get your platform catalog of offers and display it outside the platform. For instance, you can build your own marketplace as a customer-facing UI with the catalog of offers being displayed and available for purchase, whereas the platform will be used as a back-end functionality.
These APIs will allow you to place and provision orders programmatically. As a result, you can use your own marketplace and/or CRM/ERP to place and provision orders on the platform.
These APIs will allow you to collect subscription data and manage subscriptions outside the platform (e.g. in your ERP/CRM and/or marketplace).
These APIs will allow you to validate and create Microsoft Tenants programmatically. This will allow you to incorporate the Microsoft tenant management functionality in your offer purchase flow.
Welcome to AppXite Academy
Latest top news from vendors
This journey map provides information about Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) new commerce capabilities that are available now, and what’s planned over the coming months.
Microsoft is providing partners with more time to make the transition from DAP-to-GDAP. Also, have a look at what's planned in the Journey to Zero Trust roadmap.
Microsoft officially announced the general availability of Microsoft’s new Azure commitment-based offer, Azure savings plan for compute. It’s a flexible pricing model that unlocks savings compared to pay-as-you-go pricing when you commit to spend a fixed hourly amount on select compute services for either one or three years.
Industry-specific offers and pricing
You may want to have an industry-specific offer or pricing plan available for some of your offers. In order to have those available, there are two steps to perform:
1. Configure your offer by adding the desired industry in the Availability section;
2. Organization profile must indicate that it belongs to the chosen industry. Currently, there are 4 types of industries available:
- Private Business (Commercial)
Industry-specific Microsoft offers
Industry specific orders for Microsoft offers are available for eligible customers only.
How to make the customer eligible?
1. Make sure that the correct industries are displayed in customers card of their Microsoft Partner Center (MPSC) profile. !Note if the respective industry is not displayed in Microsoft Partner Center, Microsoft might reject the order or provision it by default (Commercial) price.
2. Organization profile in platform must indicate that it belongs to the respective industry.
!Note Currently, there are industry-specific offers only for Microsoft available on the platform, but it is expected that there will be other vendors adding their industry-specific offers in the future.
To purchase an offer for industry-specific price, select the eligible segment for the offer when placing the order. The price will update automatically.
NCE Price list report
All customers and sellers have access to the reporting section enabling tracking billings data over time. Reports can be accessed from the “Reports” section in top navigation.
At the bottom of the page locate the NCE price list report.
There are 3 filter groups that provide different kind of filters for prices - Basic, Organizations, Offers.
Basic filter group includes Reseller, Customer, Offer, Market, Segment, Billing Plan, Term Duration, Currency, Convert to Currency.
Organizations filter group includes Reseller, Customer, Vendor.
Offers filter group includes Vendor, Product, Offer, Offer Type, Offer Status.
!Note select customer/-s to have the latter three fields display the information.
How to add products in Catalog?
In the Catalog Customer segment section, you (Seller Admin) can add products in the Catalog.
NOTE! If the product is not added to any of the categories, it will not be available for the customers.
1. Select "Catalog"→"Customer segments", choose an existing segment from the list, or create a new segment.
2. Select the "Edit catalog" button.
3. By the drag & drop option you can sort the products into categories.
4. A pop-up will appear allowing you to select some or all offerings. By default, all offerings are selected. You can choose not to include all the offerings by deselecting the check-box. Repeat this step till you have made all the desired changes to the selected seller segment catalog.
Note! Products having a prohibition sign will not appear in the Product Catalog, as it is "Not available in your country or for your industry". In more detail read the article "Product unavailable“ badge description.
Note! Products having the message "This offer is not provided, please contact the seller to get more information about this offer" means that Seller has not added this Product to Categories available for Customer. In order to enable this Product, it should be added to one of the Categories.
5. After saving the changes the platform will ask again to confirm or cancel all the performed changes in the catalog.
6. After confirmation to save the changes, the platform will offer to populate the product to all end-customers automatically or to let your partners to hand-pick for which customers to enable it. Choose the desired outcome and Confirm the catalog change.
A. All new products are added to catalogs of all end-customer segments of all sellers in the current seller segment:
- If category with the matching name already exists in the target catalog, add to that category. The new product takes the first position in the matching category.
- If category with the matching name doesn't exist in the target catalog, create it and link the product to it. The new category takes the first position in the catalog.
B. All changes are saved for the catalog of the current segment only
Detailed Invoice Line Items
In order to see detailed invoice lines as issued by the Vendor on AppXite platform, it can be enabled via UI and by using API.
When enabled, invoice rows for each subscription are broken down into separate fees that more accurately reflect subscription changes during the billing period.
For example, you will be able to see the amount charged for 30 licenses in the first 10 days of the month before the quantity change, and the amount charged for 40 licenses in the remaining 20 days of the month.
This helps partners and their customers to more easily understand and explain the amount in the invoice with full confidence.
Users can choose if they want to see invoice data in aggregated or detailed format. Additional invoice details that are displayed are based on the data directly from the vendor.
On UI level:
In order to see the prorated invoice details on UI for incoming or outgoing invoices, you should go to the invoice section and open the respective invoice to see details:
In the invoice details as per screenshot above, on the right side is the toggle button "Show details" (off by default), which is used to see the prorated fees:
- When enabled, the subscription invoice data includes a row for each interval of prorated fees, with actual dates and quantity. The details will be present in the table of the respective invoice page and in the downloadable excel file.
- When disabled, the subscription details will show the quantity and the final amount of the changes within the billing period in one consolidated amount. The subscription line will be accordingly present in the table of the respective invoice page and in the downloadable excel file.
Detailed Charge Types:
Detailed Charge Types breaks down different grouped platform charge types (Cycle Fee, Corrections) for a particular subscription into more granular fees that better explain how the amount is calculated on our platform.
Detailed Charges can be viewed by toggling "Show Details" button which will show additional information such as "Cancellimmediate" "addQuantity", "new", "Renew" and "convert" when viewing an invoice.
In the invoice details as per screenshot below, Detailed Charge Types are shown:
On API level:
It is possible to request detailed invoice rows via our Reporting API using an optional parameter, where the API can return data with or without prorated invoice details.
For returning detailed invoice lines via API, please refer to Reporting API - Detailed Invoice Line Items Knowledge Base article and the "Platform API Integrations" section for more information.
It is important to know Correction charge type detailed invoice lines are available for invoices created starting from 1st of December 2022 and for Cycle charge type detailed invoice lines are available for invoices created starting from 1st of May 2023.
Credit Risk Report
Introducing the Credit Risk Report, a valuable tool designed to keep you informed about the latest updates in the overall financial obligations of your customers or resellers for Microsoft NCE and other subscription services.
With this report, you'll gain enhanced control over credit risk exposure, empowering you to make timely decisions within the vendor-supported cancellation period, such as the 7-day window for Microsoft NCE subscriptions.
AppXite has been diligently working on various enhancements to promote transparency in the Microsoft CSP NCE sales process, and this report stands as one of the many improvements we've implemented.
General view of the report
- Select the required filter group;
- Select the time period for which you would like to see the subscription changes;
- Use filters to filter required data;
- Select the subscription commitment and required currency
- Subscriptions with recent changes - previous quantity, new quantity, total commitment changes, and subscription type;
- Remaining commitment for the selected customers;
- Order items with recent changes for the selected subscriptions.
The report has several filter groups, each with its own filters.
How to set up automated invoice sending?
I. Setup Email Body layout for custom PDF invoice
- Open “Report Selection - Sales” page and select Invoice in “Usage” dropdown field:
- Check mark “Use for Email Body” field:
- Click on “Email Body Layout Description” field to open “Custom Report Layouts” page:
- Click on tree dots […] to open menu and select “New” > ”New…
- Toggle on “Insert Word Layout” switch and click “OK” on the “Edit - Insert Built-in Layout for a Report” page:
- Click on three dots […] and select “Layout” > “Import Layout” in menu:
- Select word document related to modifying report and click “Open”
- Click “OK” in “Custom Report Layouts” page
- Close “Report Selection - Sales” page
II. Add a language
1. Open “Languages” page
2. Add a new record
3. Fill in Code Name and fields.
4. In dropdown of the “Windows Language ID” field, select the language:
5. Update Customer Language Code. In the Customer Card:
How to distinguish between NCE and non-NCE offers?
From the Subscription tab, click on the questioned offer.
1)NCE offer will have fields Term Duration and Billing Cycle, where Legacy offer will have only the Billing Cycle
2)Legacy offer will also include field called Unit price
When looking at the product catalogue, you can easily distinguish NCE offers from non NCE by looking at the icon. All NCE offers have "NCE" written on the upper left corner of Microsoft icon. See the examples below.
non NCE offer:
How to distinguish between offers by contract type?
Open Invoice section and look at the contract type. "Azure Plan & One time" contracts are for NCE offers.
How to distinguish between offers in Invoices?
Open Invoice section and choose any invoice you would like to verify
Once you have the invoice details, slide the ruler to the right side till "Vendor offer ID". For NCE offers the vendor reference number starts with capital or lower case "CFQ".
!Note if you do not see "Vendor offer ID" tab, it can be enabled on the upper right corner of invoice view
How to distinguish NCE offers in Subscription report?
Subscription report contains filters to distinguish NCE offers from non-NCE. If "Is NCE" tab record displays "true", the selected offer is NCE. You can filter the subscriptions on the left side in "Microsoft NCE" section.
How to distinguish between offers while using "Search" in catalogue?
At the moment there are situations where duplicate offer names appear in the search results as one of them is NCE and the other is non-NCE. This is because the product names are imported from Microsoft directly and the titles are not distinguishable. This situation is going to solve itself in few months once the all the legacy offers will be discontinued. In meantime we are preparing a workaround to amend the situation - tags will be added to the product names. Follow the product releases to not to miss this update!
Microsoft Partner Agreement (MPA)
On June 28 Microsoft has sent a non-renewal notice to all Indirect Sellers, that are onboarded to Partner Center, informing of the expiration of the existing seller terms (“Terms and Conditions Governing Indirect Sellers” (the “Indirect Seller Terms”)) which will be replaced with the Microsoft Partner Agreement starting September 1, 2019.
Q: What does it mean?
A: Starting September 1, 2019, the new Microsoft Partner Agreement will be available for all partners in the CSP program including indirect sellers. The existing seller terms and conditions governing indirect sellers will be replaced by the Microsoft Partner Agreement when it is becoming available on September 1, 2019. The expiring existing seller terms will be replaced with the Microsoft Partner Agreement.
Q: Where can I sign the new MPA?
A: Microsoft Partner Agreement will be available on Partner Center starting September 1st, 2019.
- Review Microsoft Partner Agreement (starting July 31, 2019).
- Accept Microsoft Partner Agreement on Partner Center (between Sep 1, 2019 Jan 31, 2020).
Q: Will that impact the way of working with AppXite?
Microsoft Partner Agreement Term Enforcement Timeline:
- September 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020: Indirect Sellers must accept the terms of the Microsoft Partner Agreement.
- After January 31, 2020: Indirect Sellers who have not accepted the Microsoft Partner Agreement will have their CSP transactions blocked.
- From August 31, 2020: Indirect Sellers who have not Accepted Microsoft Partner Agreement will be off-boarded from the CSP Program.
Read more here.
FAQ - Cloud Commerce Platform as-a-Service Agreement
This article outlines the main questions that arise while reviewing the Cloud Commerce Platform as-a-Service Agreement.
The Cloud Commerce Platform as a Service Agreement describes:
- How AppXite provides users with the Platform
- The rights and obligations of involved parties
1. When will the Platform become available?
AppXite Platform will be available right after a user (1) completes the onboarding step and (2) confirms that the Platform is configured according to their preferences.
2. What is White-Label Branding?
This means that a user's Platform is branded under their logo, name, and other relevant designs accessible via URL.
3. What is White-Label billing?
When a Platform is set up and begins scaling sales, users often consider reducing administrative workloads by having AppXite take over customer billing. This means they utilize AppXite's White-Label Billing as-a-Service. This service generates invoices on behalf of the data generated in your Platform and sends it to customers.
4. What is the Platform's availability?
AppXite's ultimate goal is providing full platform functionality 24/7/365.
This means effecting updates in a manner that affects business using the platform as little as possible. Now, the platform may have downtime consisting of two service windows per month - for a total of 4 hours. AppXite will notify sellers 2 (two) business days in advance of such service windows via e-mail. Additionally, AppXite takes commercially reasonable efforts to minimize everyone's risk exposure by making these service windows Saturday mornings 8:00 - 10:00 GMT +3.
5. My business collects customer data, including personal data. What should I do to ensure compliance with data protection laws, including GDPR?
First, ensure there is a valid legal basis for processing. Then, maintain an appropriate level of information security within your company. This means that processing activities must be transparent; sufficient information is regularly provided to customers regarding the processing of their data. For further information visit our Privacy Hub.
This way, we ensure that we can collect payments from resellers.
6. Can I sell my own solutions via the AppXite platform?
Yes. Additional offers can be added to the Platform by using Platform functionalities for configuring offers. You can also appoint AppXite to act as your distributor; launching your products through our network of resellers connected to the Platform.
7. What happens to my customer data when I end the agreement?
Your data will be returned in a reasonably requested format. If the law requires, we will keep records of this data.
8. I want my own terms and conditions to govern my marketplace. Can I use my own terms on the Platform?
Platform functionalities allow users to upload and update terms and conditions related to its white-labeled capabilities.
9. What is the subscription term?
The standard term is 1 (one) calendar year. However, users have the ability to choose their own subscription terms.
10. Can I make modifications to the Platform?
No. However, you can request that AppXite carry out some modifications that will improve functionality.
11. Can AppXite make modifications to the Platform?
Yes. AppXite may change the functionality of the Platform by adding new features and improving various capabilities. AppXite will make its best efforts to notify users of any modifications before such modifications are implemented.
12. What happens if a customer changes information in the Microsoft Partner Center?
There is a 2-way synchronization between the Microsoft Partner Center and the AppXite Platform. Therefore, certain information can be edited in either location with both being updated. However, it is important to understand that once customer information has been synchronized with the platform, the only Billing information should be updated in Microsoft Partner Center. All other information must be updated on the platform to avoid problems with synchronization.
13. Can I have my Platform support different currencies?
Yes. The platform does support different currencies. However, the settlement between a seller and AppXite should be consistent in one of the currencies provided below:
- Euro (EUR)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- British Pound (GBP)
- US Dollar (USD)
It is possible by suspending/disable all subscriptions and the organization on the platform.
Please refer to this article How to block/unblock the organization
15. What is billing monthly?
The billing is monthly, meaning that if you place an order today then it will be billed from 25.02-25.03. And in March you will receive an invoice for one full license, which will be active until 25.03.
16. Who to contact regarding legal issues?
17. Who to contact regarding financial issues?
18. Who to contact regarding data protection?
Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCuA)
This article will describe, how to accept Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCuA) through the platform. Microsoft Customer Agreement in CSP program will replace Microsoft Cloud Agreement starting from January 31st, 2020. Read more here.
Q: What is the new process for confirming customer acceptance of the Microsoft Customer Agreement?
We have enabled function for sellers and their customers to accept new terms of MCuA.
When purchasing new MS subscription or renewing existing, or adding additional licenses for existing subscriptions seller and/or customer will have to accept terms, there will be pop-up window in the portal where one will enter their contact details – email, name, surname, phone number (optional) and click on "I Agree":
NOTE! We do not provide these terms on the platform. The platform acts only as a place of acceptance, therefore, terms should be read before they are accepted in our platform. To find region-specific Microsoft Customer Agreement customer templates in all supported languages, see Microsoft Customer Agreements by region and language.
The first step is to log in to the platform and starts purchasing and/or renewal. Before BUY, a pop-up will appear where one will need to accept the terms. If terms have not been accepted in the platform, sellers and/or customers will not be able to purchase, renew and add licenses.
Things to keep in mind:
- MCuA should be accepted in the portal by end-customer;
- MCuA can be accepted on behalf of the customer only when a customer has given his acceptance to do so;
To see more information about the MCuA, click here.
Google Workspace Seller Guide
Contents of the article
6. Set up Google Workspace for your organization
1. How to enable Google Workspace in your platform?
Google Workspace offer rules are customized per partner; therefore it is on-boarded individually per partner.
In order for partner to enable a GWS offers on the platform partner needs to have valid Google Partner Console (Reseller Console) and Partner need to be aware of your relationships/agreement with Google.
If a partner have some old transactions then we advise to open a new console environment (preferably one per region) from which only transactions that are related to AppXite Platform will be visible.
To enable the GWS on your AppXite platform you need to create a new Project within your Partner Console and grant Service account access to AppXite.
Please follow instruction here https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/service-accounts-create
Once that is done submit support request to AppXite support, with following details:
- which country
- Partner Hub
- relationships with Google: do you have any existing business ?
- if yes how many ~ resellers/customers ?
2. Create and manage customers
Note! When a customer updates account information in their Admin console, for example, changing their primary domain, the updates are not synchronized to your Partner Sales Console or AppXite platform.
You need to update the customer's account information in your AppXite Platform.
To stay up-to-date, remind customers to notify you when they change their domain name, administrator, or contact information.
1.1 Domain DNS record
Domain DNS record is a pre-requisite for GWS and should be purchased outside the platform prior registering new customer and completing purchase. Partners can use any 3rd party tool for that.
Upon new customer creation the domain will be automatically validated from the AppXite platform.
However, a newly-created customer will still follow a guided domain-verification process when they access the admin console (on admin.google.com ) for the first time.
• Accept the Terms of Service
• Verify ownership of the domain
• Set up DNS records
2.1 Customer and Cloud Identity creation
Every customer who wants to purchase Google Workspace, as prerequisite should have Google customer account and Google Cloud Identity.
Google customer account - general customer identity on Google side that subscriptions will be linked to. (Not only Google Workspace, but e.g. Google Cloud etc.)
Google Cloud Identity/Workspace Identity - Google Workspace specific identity that is linked with valid customer domain, and provides access to admin.google.com
3.1 How to Identify in Platform whether customer has Google customer account and Cloud Identity
Google customer account - field "Customer account" will display domain if account exists- screenshot below.
Google Cloud Identity - when selecting field “Action” is "Place order", then field Workspace Identity will return value of Identity if that exists for such customer:
Note! Upon activating a checkbox or performing any Action on a buy page you are always recommended to refresh the page. Example:
4.1 How to create new Customer account with Workspace/Cloud Identity in Platform.
New customer will not have value in "Customer account" field. In order to register customer, should select in field “Action” -> "Create customer account" and fill in all fields that are showed:
Once checkbox "Submit account registration" is selected, system will send request to create both Google customer account and Workspace/Cloud Identity. Refresh the page.
After page is refreshed Customer will see values in Customer account and Workspace Identity. Error message or blank value will be returned in case of failure.
If Customer will not refresh the page but attempts to send create request again, then in result field will see error message in case customer tenant was created – see error message bellow:
5.1 How to create Workspace identity for existing Customer account in Platform
If customer wants to use another domain than displayed in field "Customer account", then he should choose in field “Action” -> "Update domain". It will work only in case if customer does not have yet registered Cloud Identity.
If customer already has existing Google customer account, then should select field “Action” ->"Create Workspace Identity".
6.1 Acceptance of Workspace Identity
When Cloud Identity / Workspace Identity is created, email that was provided as Alternate email will receive following Mail from Google.
Please follow instructions from that e-mail in order to successfully proceed with the purchasing process.
3. Purchasing Google Workspace
IMPORTANT: Customer can only have one Google Workspace subscription!
If the customer wishes to change the SKU of their subscription, they must use upgrade/downgrade functionality.
Note! Customer and Cloud Identity is required before making any purchases.
How to do that please see previous step.
- Step 1. Selecting the desired offer sku
Under the Google Workspace product there are several offer skus available, some might be unique to the reseller:
Upon opening the buy page, the default action will be "Place order", if the field “Workspace Identity” returns the identity id, you are good to purchase:
- Step 2: Configuration of your purchase
Note! The "Plan Id" field is pre-filled and should not be changed by customer, in this field the offer id will be displayed, the id's depend on the country of the customer, term duration, billing cycle or any other external factor.
If the "Plan Id" field value is "none" that means the current selection is invalid for the specific customer, as an example there is no prerequisite subscription (if selected offer is add-on) or this customer already has Google Workspace entitlement associated with this account.
Please select license quantity, term duration and billing cycle:
PO Number or purchase order number field lets the customer specify a custom PO number they want to associate with this order, if left empty our system will use the order item id as PO number.
Please note that this PO cannot be updated later.
1.3 Subscription Activation
IMPORTANT: In order for subscription to be activated, Customers have to accept T&C on Google Console.
Notification is sent to alternate email.
Within 9 days admin have to login to console accept T&C and verify domain.
If you have already set up your account before ordering, after you order it may take some time and re-login to get this page prompted. This page can only be prompted on login. But after you accept the license terms, the subscription will finally be active.
If not verified, order is automatically failed. If order was placed for Annual Plan then even though customer did not accept T&C and verified domain, but Customer will be charged.
4. Managing Google Workspace Subscriptions
You can only provision from AppXite platform GWS products for a customer if they do not have an existing cloud identity or if you already resell for them.
You cannot provision GWS products if customer is buying directly from Google or from another reseller.
At first you have to transfer a customer's subscriptions to your reseller account.
If the customer has a cloud identity, you must transfer the customer and their entitlements.
Reminder! Customer can only have one Google Workspace subscription!
If the customer wishes to change the SKU of their subscription, they must use upgrade/downgrade functionality.
Several payment plans are available and supported in the AppXite platform:
• Annual/Monthly: Annual commitment with monthly payments
• Annual/Yearly: Annual commitment with yearly payment
• Flexible: Non-commitment plan with monthly payments
• Perpetual: One-time, non-recurring payment
• Free trial plan of 30-day’s is included in the offer SKU
Trial days can vary per partner, some might have 14 days, some 30 days.
However majority GWS Offers start with the free 30-day trial. Trial plan is included in the main offer and has the same Offer ID. Per default when purchasing autorenewal is set to “off.”
If a customer decides to upgrade to a paid subscription, the customer has to go to AppXite platform and change the subscription to paid plan.
Note! The subscription will be upgraded to the selected plan immediately; however billing will start only after the end of the trial period.
2.4 Change Quantity
To change quantity, select Edit subscription, change the number to what you desire and click Save Changes, check the KB on that: https://support.appxite.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011687919-How-to-change-the-Quantity-of-Subscription-licenses-
3.4 Upgrades and Downgrades
As it is not possible to purchase other subscription for the same account, customer can midterm upgrade and downgrade a GWS subscription.
Only Flexible plans can be upgraded or downgraded .
Below a subscription, you will see the possible upgrade and downgrade options, as an example below:
After selecting one of the options, you will be sent to this order page, and you will be able to configure your order.
If your cloud identity loads it means you are possible to proceed:
Make sure to switch the option to Place order:
In the screenshot above you can see that by default the option field Term Duration “Trial” , it is not possible upgrade to trial, please select other option.
If you are upgrading while still in trial period, it will continue under the new subscription SKU.
As an example bellow for Flexible:
a) This will let you Upgrade/Downgrade to your desired offer.
b) You can also specify a new PO number in this step (Please note it is not possible to update Po for this subscription after order is provisioned).
Note! Upgrades/downgrades start a new subscription and terminate the previous one. For Annual plans, a new commitment starts when you make a change.
Upgrade & downgrade matrix for Google Workspace SKUs below. This matrix sums up acceptable upgrade and downgrade paths within GWS:
For more information about upgrades/downgrades and cancellation terms possibilities read here.
Pay attention to the specifications that are available for a distributor/reseller and customer level.
Before suspending any GWS subscription all add-on offers must be cancelled that are associated GWS subscription (Google Vault or Google Drive).
Only Flexible plans can be suspended.
Annual plans cannot be cancelled. For annual plans renewal can be switched On or Off.
Note that you have 60 days to re-activate your subscription.
If customer has reactivated his trial, it cannot be renewed/purchased again for this customer account.
Renewal on/off and Suspension/Reactivation Both are active in the platform since each plan inside the offer has its own rules.
If inapplicable action is selected the order will fail.
Note! There is a slight latency in Renewal/Expiration time zones: AppXite Platform performs Autorenewal early after midnight (what date starts) while on the Google side Renewal/Expiration happens ~ at the time of purchase. The status of your subscriptions will be different from platform and console for a couple of hours.
You are only allowed to toggle renewal for term duration: 1 year:
Trial plans will provision with this option “Off” to enable it, please switch to a different plan:
6.4 Change Plan after trial
You can select term duration option to change the offer plan. Viable options:
Flexible (if changing from trial), Annual (if changing from trial or flexible).
Reminder! It is only possible to initially buy a trial, switching back to trial is not supported by Google.
After selecting term duration, please wait for Offer Id field to load a new offer Id:
5. Transfer a customer's subscriptions to your reseller account
All customer GWS subscriptions must be handled by one reseller.
Customer cannot transfer some of the subscriptions, however there are few exceptions.
A customer can choose to keep Google Voice or Chrome subscriptions with Google and transfer other subscriptions.
For example, a customer cannot transfer only some of their Google Workspace subscriptions or only their Google Workspace Additional Storage licenses, but they can choose not to transfer their Google Voice or Chrome Enterprise Upgrade subscription.
You cannot transfer customers who have Google Workspace for Nonprofits or the G Suite legacy free edition.
They can upgrade to a paid edition of Google Workspace, and then transfer their account to your reseller management.
It is strongly advised not to update the existing subscriptions during the transfer period.
Note! If the customer has multiple Google Workspace or G Suite editions, they need to contact their Google Sales representative or Google Support to perform the transfer.
To transfer the subscription to a new reseller, the customer have to generate the transfer token based on the Reseller Public Identifier (account ID).
Here are the instructions for the customer - https://support.google.com/a/answer/7643791
Here are the instructions for the reseller/partner - https://support.google.com/channelservices/answer/9547629#
Please note that transfer is a manual process and prior migration reach out to AppXite support and inform about the potential transfer.
6. Set up Google Workspace for your organization
After GWS subscription is successfully provisioned you can follow these instructions to set it up: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6365252