How to change the quantity of subscription licenses?
If you already have an existing subscription, you don't have to purchase a new license every time you want to increase the number of licenses. Change the quantity within the existing subscription. In order to do that, select the Subscriptions tab and select the subscription you want to modify. The details of the subscription will be opened in a new window.
1. Cancellation Policy - allows the user to cancel or decrease the number of selected subscription licenses.
For details see: Cancellation Policies
2. License Quantity - allows the user to edit (increase and sometimes decrease) the number of subscription licenses.
Note! It is not possible to update One-time offer subscriptions (Software subscriptions & Perpetual offers), as such functionality is not supported by Microsoft. Please perform a purchase from Catalog, for additional licenses.
- Select Edit. When selecting the "Edit" button for a subscription, you can choose when you want the changes to apply – now, on renewal, or on a custom date:
a. Now – this option enables to make changes immediately.
b. On Renewal – this option allows scheduling changes that vendors do not allow you to make during an active commitment term. Scheduled changes will apply on renewal. This option may not be available for some subscriptions.
c. Custom date – this option allows you to select any future date. On the selected date, the order will be sent to the vendor, and changes will apply upon successful provisioning.
2. The bottom line (eg. every 1 month, every 12 months) will show the amount for the subscriptions with the increased quantity for the next billing term.
- Select Save.
Select Save changes.
After saving changes, a pop-up window with Terms & Conditions will appear, press the "I agree" button to continue.
If the subscription has scheduled changes, you can see them On the Scheduled changes tab of the Subscription details page. The associated order will also be in the Orders section.
There can still be only one simultaneous order per subscription. If your scheduled order is still unprocessed by the vendor, it may be required to wait before you can make changes to your subscription.
When configuring changes for a selected date, prices automatically include the markup configured for that date.
Note! Scheduling is available for eligible offers – e.g., offers from Microsoft and other integrated vendors with instant or near-instant provisioning.
- You may switch off the auto-renewal for the subscription by unchecking the tab in the Subscription details:
Press Edit -> Now
Uncheck the box:
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Expiry status for subscriptions
- How do I add add-on(s) when purchasing a new subscription?
- Azure Subscription Role Assignments within Tier 2 Seller and Indirect Provider Model
- Cancellation Policies
- Customer: How to purchase subscriptions?
- How do I suspend a Subscription for the customer?
- How does NCE trial subscriptions work?
- How to change the name of subscription?
- How to change the price on existing subscription?
- How to change the quantity of subscription licenses?