Release Notes 106
What is new?
This major update brings new long-awaited NCE capabilities from Microsoft – promotions and scheduling subscription changes.
When customers buy NCE offers that have just become available to eligible partners on the platform, all valid promotions will automatically apply to the subscription. What you need to know:
1. The price you see in various places in your buying journey – when you configure the offer, in the cart, on the confirmation page, in the notification after the purchase, and in the invoice – will automatically include the promotion. We are also planning to enhance this experience further over time.
2. Promotions will also apply to all subscriptions purchased and synchronized from Microsoft Partner Center. We still encourage all purchases to be made through the platform for the full experience and better traceability.
3. End-customer receives the full discount from the promotion, which decreases both list price and SRP from the vendor and thus affects the price from the partner to the end-customer.
Scheduling subscription changes
When editing a subscription, you can now choose when you want the changes to apply – now, on renewal, or on a custom date.
1. Scheduling is available for eligible offers – e.g., offers from Microsoft and other integrated vendors with instant or near-instant provisioning.
2. You can schedule your changes in the following ways:
a. Now – this option is the same as updating your subscription before. The change order is created and processed immediately.
b. After renewal/commitment – this option allows scheduling changes that vendors do not allow you to make during an active commitment term. Scheduled changes will apply on renewal. This option may not be available for some subscriptions.
c. Custom date – this option allows you to select any future date. On the selected date the order will be sent to the vendor and changes will apply upon successful provisioning.
3. If the subscription has scheduled changes, you can see them On a Scheduled changes tab of the Subscription details page. The associated order will also be in the Orders section.
4. There can still be only one simultaneous order per subscription. If your scheduled order is still unprocessed by the vendor, it may be required to wait before you can make changes to your subscription.
5. When configuring changes for a selected date, prices automatically include the markup configured for that date.
6. Speaking of markups, you can also schedule a markup change instead of setting a reminder to do it on the day markup needs to be updated for a specific subscription.