Release Notes 142
- Changes to the following vendors were applied out of the box: Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, IBM, AvePoint, Kaspersky.
- If you onboarded your own offers, we recommend you to create a new pricing plan (or copy the current one) with the "Use as quantity" checkbox ticked in the properties of at least one quantity field. This will benefit your invoices and general convenience for partners and customers to buy and manage subscriptions.
- During purchase in cart and quote
- After purchase in notifications, subscriptions and orders
- In invoices and subscription reports that are both based on invoice data
- Unit prices automatically improve thanks to more accurate quantities used in calculation
- Improvement in invoices will not affect vendors like Microsoft and Adobe. Quantity and most other details in their invoices are already based on data directly from the vendor.
API performance improvements and caching
Our newly implemented caching policies resulted in the following benefits in using our APIs:
- Enhanced Performance: Faster response times and smoother user experience with our default caching policy.
- Improved Scalability: Handle higher volumes of requests and increased traffic, ensuring robust and performant integrations.
- Customizable Cache Control: Tailor caching behavior to your application's needs via an optional header for optimal data freshness and consistency.
- Reduced Network Bandwidth and Costs: Minimize data transmission for identical requests, saving bandwidth and costs.
- Consistent API Performance: Stable response times across various usage scenarios for a reliable user experience.
Check our updated API documentation for detailed caching information and instructions on utilizing the optional caching header. We're dedicated to supporting your integration needs with high-performance solutions. Contact our support team at email@example.com for any questions or assistance.
New API for add-ons
- Call the "List all add-ons" API endpoint to retrieve all available add-ons.
- Configure the desired add-on from the returned list using "Configure an order payload" API.
- Use the add-on information and price as data for the "OrderedAddons" field when using the "Create an order" API.
Custom fields in subscription
One of our prior releases gave partners the ability to add custom fields for subscriptions in Settings. From now on these fields will be available not only on the initial purchase (when you configure the offer before adding it to cart) but also after the purchase. Sales and customers will now be able to:
- Search Subscriptions section by value of any custom field.
- View and update custom fields on subscription details page, as long as permissions configured in Settings allow it.
Meanwhile, we also made it quicker to update custom fields in an organization profile. Instead of editing and saving each field one by one, you can now save changes to them all at once and save plenty of your time on this routine in the long run.
- We improved support for various special characters like hyphens, slashes, underscores and accented characters from various languages. We focused most on the pages requiring manual input and synchronization with ERP/CRM most frequently:
- User invite/profile
- Organization creation/profile
- We added language code to the integration with Userlane. Now you can localize your onboarding content in Userlane based on the language of the user on the platform.
This update was released on 25/05/2023